Conducting a qualitative ethnographic research to understand farmer, dealer & aggregator journey in purchase and sale of exchange tractors
- An Indian tractor manufacturing company wanted to understand purchase and sale journey of farmers, dealers and aggregators in order to create a superior digital experience with its exchange tractor discovery app
- Conducted in-depth interviews of farmers (N = 30) & quantitative survey (N = 50) to understand farmers’ digital persona, key purchase criteria, decision making process, discovery and purchase experience, and key gaps in experience
- Conducted in-depth interviews of tractor dealers (N = 20) & quantitative survey (N = 30) to understand dealers’ digital persona, channel of business, sourcing mix, sale and purchase experience, and key pain points
- Conducted in-depth interviews of exchange tractor aggregators (N = 20) & quantitative survey (N = 40) to understand aggregators’ digital persona, key requirements, sale and purchase experience, key pain points, and suggestions of value-added services
- Analysed responses from farmers, dealers and aggregators to recommend key initiatives to meet service gaps and provide overall superior digital sale and purchase experience.
Impact / Outcome
- Helped client understand sale and purchase journeys of stakeholders, both physical and digital, their key requirements and pain points, to create a seamless digital experience, driving better engagement and higher usage.